Problem to find Devices under EclipseME
O***@gmx.net
2008-03-31 18:42:09 UTC
Hi!
I'm pretty much new to EclispeME and I tried to install and configure EclipseME this weekend.
After I downloaded and unpacked the latest version of eclipse I added the EclipseME 1.7.9 plugin to it.
I updated my JDK and I installed the WTK of Sun, all as mentioned below.

After everything worked out without a single failure message I tried to configure the plugin in Eclipse.
I added the "osgi.framework.extensions=eclipseme.core.hooks" line in the config.ini as you should do according to EclipseME homepage.
Then I tried to add the WTK devices under window-->preferrences-->j2me-->DeviceManagement-->import...
I navigated to C:\WTK2.5.2 and hit the refresh button.
unfortunately no device of the WTK appeared on the list after Eclipse was searching through the folder.
I also tried to find a device from the Nokai S60 SDK but that didn't work out as well.
The only device I could find by this procedure was mpowerplayer which I also downloaded to figure out what could have been gone wrong.

To make it a bit more tricky... I tried to do all the steps mentioned on the other PC I own and had no problem at all with it...??
The setup of this other PC was to my knowledge pretty much the same than I have here. At least what I wrote down at the end of the mail...

I really hope someone can give me an idea of what could have been gone wrong on my "first" pc and how I can get the plugin working properly.

regards,
Al

EclipseVersion: 3.3.2
Build id: M20080221-1800
Path c:\eclispe

EclipseME Version 1.7.9
installed in c:\eclipse

WirlelessToolKit 2.5.2 for CLDC

SUN JDK
Path:C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_05

WindowsXP Professional SP2

just about anything Open Source.
Setera Craig
2008-04-03 11:06:10 UTC
It sounds like EclipseME was unable to execute the emulators to query
the properties. Is there any reason such as user authorities that
would preclude EclipseME from running the emulators?
Stefan Reinhardt
2008-04-03 19:16:48 UTC
I've installed everything as admin and also took my admin user when trying to configure EclipseME. So I guess there is no problem with user authorities.

I've just installed a VM and on this machine it worked out pretty good.
Same software, OS and settings.
It is an okay temporary solution for now but not really satisfying though as you might guess.

Also I still wonder why I could find the mpowerplayer devices without a problem even though WTK and Nokia SDK not...? (<-- On the problem PC)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------