Question regarding Antenna export (design)
Diego Tognola
2008-11-13 10:40:07 UTC

playing around a little bit more with this, I do have a question, however.
Let's assume I have:

MTJ project 'AntennaTestInternal'
MTJ project 'AntennaTest' which depends on AntennaTestInternal and exports it
in its Java Build Path.

Now if I export the Antenna build files for each and then run ant
in 'AntennaTestInternal' first, then the build succeeds and all is peachy.

But if I then run ant in 'AntennaTest', the classpath is missing the class(es)
from 'AntennaTestInternal', build fails.

Now obviously I can go and fix this in the generated build files (I am more
familiar with Ant than I like) but here's my question:

-> What is the preferred/designed/intended way of sharing dependent classes in
this case, via the build/classes directory which gets created or via the
jars ?

I noticed that the classpath for 'AntennaTestInternal' is actually defined in
AntennaTest/mtj-build.xml, but has an incorrect value. So maybe this is a
tiny bug ?

I hope I am making sense here ;-/

Diego

Setera Craig
2008-11-13 12:04:16 UTC
Diego,

Is this all MTJ related? If so, you need to get on to the MTJ
newsgroup and have the discussion there. There is already discussion
going on about changes to the Antenna export support for MTJ. In the
end, the goal (from my perspective) is that dependent projects build
via Ant in the same way as the same Eclipse build order. Obviously,
this is non-trivial and there may be problems.

Don't forget that patches are always welcome to address issues. In
the case of the Ant support, if you can provide a template for the Ant
output that is more correct that could be helpful.

Thanks,
Craig
Hi,