Invoking a Web Service from a MTJ application
Guadalupe Ortiz
2008-11-03 08:42:15 UTC
Hi all,
I finally changed my eclipse version and eclipseMe seems to be working ok.
I want to invoke a web service from an EclipseMe Application and I have not
a clue of how to start.
First let me say I am working with RSA (which is over Eclipse)
My first attempt was creating the web service client and then try to convert
it into a mobile application (through the use of MTJ --> Convert to Midlet
Project)

I found 4 errors when doing so:
First was solved changing the jre to 1.6.

I am still dealing with the following three:
* Error preverifying class mipaquete.MiServicioService
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/Service
* Error preverifying class mipaquete.ObjectFactory
VERIFIER ERROR
mipaquete/ObjectFactory.createMiOperacion(Lmipaquete/MiOperacion;)Ljavax/xml/bind/JAXBElement;:
Illegal type in constant pool
* Type mipaquete.MiServicioPortProxy$Descriptor Error preverifying class
mipaquete.MiServicioPortProxy$Descriptor
VERIFIER ERROR
mipaquete/MiServicioPortProxy$Descriptor.getDispatch()Ljavax/xml/ws/Dispatch;:
Illegal type in constant pool

I only started to solve the first one. I assumed that I have to add the
right .jar to manifest file (please let me know if I am wrong). I tried to
do by adding the textual classpath rt.jar, however I am not able to give it
the right path:
C:\Archivos de programa\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7_stub\java\jre\lib\rt.jar
(even though I split the too long sentence into two and I include an space
at the beginning of the second, I still get an error when saving)

I would appreciate any help
A) to solve the existing problems
or
B) To create a web service client in an EclipseME application through any
other method.

Thank-you very much in advance,
Guadalupe
PS Any clue is welcomed!!
--
Dr. Guadalupe Ortiz Bellot
Assistant Professor

***@unex.es
http://personales.ya.com/gobellot/

Quercus Software Engineering Group
http://quercusseg.unex.es
Craig Setera
2008-11-04 23:29:02 UTC
You need to use the Java ME libraries for doing web services and you
should *not* be using a 1.6 JRE. If you required 1.6 in order to get it
working, it is pretty much guaranteed not to work on Java ME.

Craig
Post by Guadalupe Ortiz
Hi all,
I finally changed my eclipse version and eclipseMe seems to be working ok.
I want to invoke a web service from an EclipseMe Application and I
have not a clue of how to start.
First let me say I am working with RSA (which is over Eclipse)
My first attempt was creating the web service client and then try to
convert it into a mobile application (through the use of MTJ -->
Convert to Midlet Project)
First was solved changing the jre to 1.6.
* Error preverifying class mipaquete.MiServicioService
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/Service
* Error preverifying class mipaquete.ObjectFactory
VERIFIER ERROR
Illegal type in constant pool
* Type mipaquete.MiServicioPortProxy$Descriptor Error preverifying
class mipaquete.MiServicioPortProxy$Descriptor
VERIFIER ERROR