My Baby is All Grown Up...
Craig Setera
2008-10-16 00:15:17 UTC
The first official release of the Eclipse MTJ project is now available.
Please see my initial blog entry at
http://eclipseme.org/blog/2008/10/15/my-baby-is-all-grown-up/ for more
information.

Thanks,
Craig

Sonny To
Russel Winder
2008-10-16 06:35:21 UTC
Craig,

Congrats on getting the first release out.
Post by Craig Setera
The first official release of the Eclipse MTJ project is now available.
Please see my initial blog entry at
http://eclipseme.org/blog/2008/10/15/my-baby-is-all-grown-up/ for more
information.
As instructed I have noted that I should now use MTJ instead of
EclipseME, have joined the MTJ mailing list, and have downloaded and
installed the MTJ plugin -- which looks mostly like EclipseME so that is
good :-)

However I have hit a wall immediately.

EclipseME allows you to create a project where the project and its
source code is outside of the workspace directory structure. MTJ gives
me the error:

"Projects located in the workspace folder must be direct sub folders of
the workspace folder."

and won't allow me to create a project.

I ahve no idea how to progress this, so I am having to revert to using
EclipseME 1.7.9 for the Java ME course I am giving tomorrow.
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder Partner

Concertant LLP t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road, f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK. m: +44 7770 465 077
Setera Craig

Russel Winder
2008-10-16 11:26:08 UTC
Craig,
Post by Setera Craig
Russel,
Was there anything in the Eclipse log to indicate more details?
Craig
I had a look at the log file and there is lots of problems with the
Mercurial plugin, and a number of keystroke binding conflicts but the
rest looks vaguely incomprehensible.

Perhaps I should clear the log and do an experiment? IS the something
specific and focused that I could try to maximize success?

Of course it maybe that I am just doing the wrong thing -- the core of
the problem is that Eclipse seems to have no way of connecting to a
directory that is already an Eclipse project.

Actually this is going to have to be next week as I have to focus on
getting ready for the course tomorrow!

jeroen somhorst
2008-10-16 13:13:08 UTC
Hello Everyone. When I try to install it on my Eclipse 3.2 I receive the
following depency problem:

Mobile Tools for Java (Incubation) (0.9.0.200810141347-7_8W-7oOQ-bOcBc0Co)
requires plug-in "org.mortbay.jetty".

Has this something to do with me running an old version of Eclipse or
something else?
Post by Russel Winder
Craig,
Post by Setera Craig
Russel,
Was there anything in the Eclipse log to indicate more details?
Craig
I had a look at the log file and there is lots of problems with the
Mercurial plugin, and a number of keystroke binding conflicts but the
rest looks vaguely incomprehensible.
Perhaps I should clear the log and do an experiment? IS the something
specific and focused that I could try to maximize success?
Of course it maybe that I am just doing the wrong thing -- the core of
the problem is that Eclipse seems to have no way of connecting to a
directory that is already an Eclipse project.
Actually this is going to have to be next week as I have to focus on
getting ready for the course tomorrow!
--
Russel.
Yours Sincerely,

Dhr. J.Somhorst
Kraneveld 24
5941 NC VELDEN

Tel: 077 472 0350
Mob: 06 135 75 092
@ : ***@gmail.com
www: http://www.jeroensomhorst.eu/
Setera Craig
Sandin Diego-WDS057
2008-10-16 13:46:55 UTC
Hi Jeroen,

MTJ is compatible only with eclipse versions 3.3 and 3.4.

--

Diego

________________________________

Hello Everyone. When I try to install it on my Eclipse 3.2 I receive the
following depency problem:

Mobile Tools for Java (Incubation)
(0.9.0.200810141347-7_8W-7oOQ-bOcBc0Co) requires plug-in
"org.mortbay.jetty".

Has this something to do with me running an old version of Eclipse or
something else?

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Russel Winder
<***@concertant.com> wrote:

Craig,
Post by Setera Craig
[...]

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world

jeroen somhorst
2008-10-16 14:11:33 UTC
ok thanks.
------------------------------

Russel Winder
2008-10-21 07:45:31 UTC
Hi russel,
Can you detail the steps that you are using? On the project creation
wizard there is an option to select an external folder ("content" group
on the wizard) and it worked ok for me. Which host are you using?
I'm afraid I have forgotten the exact details, and I have now completed
a total restart by creating a new workspace and loading the projects
afresh (deleting all previous Eclipse metadata) as MTJ projects so
cannot experiment with the context I had.

Perhaps treat this as a transient error and ignore it unless someone
else comes up with the problem?
:)
gep

Ashish Patil

Markus Sinner
2008-10-16 07:37:25 UTC
Congratulations! As soon as possible I will try to install MJT and
convert projects into it.

:-)
Markus
Post by Craig Setera
The first official release of the Eclipse MTJ project is now available.
Please see my initial blog entry at
http://eclipseme.org/blog/2008/10/15/my-baby-is-all-grown-up/ for more
information.
Thanks,
Craig

psitronic IT-Solutions
Markus Sinner
W-Rathenau-Str. 14 - 68642 Bürstadt
Tel.: (+49)6206 / 963513
Fax: (+49)6206 / 963514

Marcel Ruff
2008-10-16 09:18:50 UTC
Good work!

One question:
Can i use the Motorola, Nokia, and Sony Ericsson emulators on
my Linux box or do they work only on Windows?

Thanks
Marcel
Post by Craig Setera
The first official release of the Eclipse MTJ project is now available.
Please see my initial blog entry at
http://eclipseme.org/blog/2008/10/15/my-baby-is-all-grown-up/ for more
information.
Thanks,
Craig
Marcel Ruff
http://www.xmlBlaster.org
http://watchee.net
Phone: +49 7551 309371

tzur Sayag
2008-10-16 10:02:44 UTC
Craig,Been with you for years now,
We say MABRUK here which means "way to go!!",
thanx again for all the hard work you've put into this wonderful project,
--tzurs
Good work!
Post by Craig Setera
The first official release of the Eclipse MTJ project is now available.
Please see my initial blog entry at
http://eclipseme.org/blog/2008/10/15/my-baby-is-all-grown-up/ for more
information.
Thanks,
Craig
challenge
Post by Craig Setera
prizes
Post by Craig Setera
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world
Post by Craig Setera
Marcel Ruff
http://www.xmlBlaster.org
http://watchee.net
Phone: +49 7551 309371
Setera Craig
Diego Tognola
2008-10-16 11:17:08 UTC
Marcel,

I installed the Nokia S60 1.1 via Crossover (http://www.codeweavers.com)
but failed installing the devices using EclipseME 1.8. But there could be
other reasons for this failure, I think it's worth a try ;-)
Post by Setera Craig
Unfortunately, I think all of those emulators are Windows only.
Good work!
Setera Craig
2008-10-16 11:18:19 UTC
Has anyone tried something like ReactOS? Is it mature enough for this
kind of work? I'm using VIrtualBox for most of my Windows things
these days, but that unfortunately still requires a Windows license.
)
Post by Setera Craig
Unfortunately, I think all of those emulators are Windows only.
Good work!
Andreas Rossbacher
2008-10-17 12:37:04 UTC
Installed it and it worked fine. However only with the 2.5.2 version of the
Sun WTK. It's not working with the 3.0 EA version of the WTK. Looks like the
changed some of the interfaces there.

Is support for it coming up?
--
Andreas
Setera Craig
2008-10-17 13:04:13 UTC
What happens when you try to use 3.0? I haven't tried it in EclipseME/
MTJ, but I did just check it out from the command line and it responds
correctly from a UEI perspective.
Andreas Rossbacher
2008-10-17 13:16:07 UTC
Console just says:

Syntax:

emulator [arguments]

Arguments are:

-version Display version information about the emulator
-help Display list of valid arguments
-Xdebug Use a remote debugger
-Xrunjdwp:[transport=<transport>,address=<address>,server=<y/n>
suspend=<y/n>]
Debugging options
-Xdevice:<device> Select a device skin for the emulator
-Xdomain:<domain_name>
Set the MIDlet suite's security domain

-Xautotest:<JAD file url>
Run in autotest mode
-Xdescriptor:<JAD file name>
The JAD file to be executed

-Xjam[:install=<JAD file url> | force | list | storageNames |
run=[<storage name> | <storage number>] |
remove=[<storage name> | <storage number> | all]]
Java Application Manager and support
for Over The Air provisioning (OTA)
-Xquery Print device information

Same config just with WTK 2.5.2 works.

If you need more detailed logs just tell me how to get them.
--
Andreas
Setera Craig
2008-10-17 13:37:26 UTC
So, you are saying that you were able to import the device, but
launching fails?
emulator [arguments]
Andreas Rossbacher
2008-10-17 13:49:38 UTC
Yes, importing worked fine, just launching is failing.
--
Andreas
Post by Setera Craig
So, you are saying that you were able to import the device, but
launching fails?
emulator [arguments]
Craig Setera
2008-10-19 22:02:51 UTC
Andreas,

I found the problem with the 3.0 WTK. I've provided a fix for the MTJ
project for handling this version of the WTK. I'm not sure when that
fix will be made available in a build, but at this point I will not be
providing fixes against EclipseME.

Craig
Andreas Rossbacher
2008-10-20 07:22:40 UTC
Thank you, thats fine. I just switched to MTJ and do not need 3.0 right
now so it's no
problem. I just wanted to report a problem.
--
Andreas