Moving to MTJ
Guadalupe Ortiz
2008-10-22 07:50:53 UTC
Dear Craig,
I followed your suggestion of moving to MTJ. So I uninstalled EclipseMe and
tried to install latest version of MTJ. I had to do it by unzipping the
files in the eclipse directory, since I could not find an update site to do
it.
When I start the eclipse, there is nothing new in it. When I restart it with
the -clean option I can see the J2ME help, but there is nothing else (If I
go to Windows-->preferences there is not J2ME topic in it)
I tried to find a solution for this and wondered a lot how is it possible
that the plugin does not appears at all.
Can you help me with this?
Thank-you very much in advance,
Guadalupe
Russel Winder
2008-10-22 08:17:05 UTC
Post by Guadalupe Ortiz
Dear Craig,
I followed your suggestion of moving to MTJ. So I uninstalled
EclipseMe and tried to install latest version of MTJ. I had to do it
by unzipping the files in the eclipse directory, since I could not
find an update site to do it.
http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/mtj/updates/0.9/stable worked fine for
me.
Post by Guadalupe Ortiz
When I start the eclipse, there is nothing new in it. When I restart
it with the -clean option I can see the J2ME help, but there is
nothing else (If I go to Windows-->preferences there is not J2ME topic
in it)
I tried to find a solution for this and wondered a lot how is it
possible that the plugin does not appears at all.
Can you help me with this?
Thank-you very much in advance,
Guadalupe
J2ME died in 2005, its been Java ME for a while ;-)

I have the Java ME entry right below the Java entry.
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder Partner

Concertant LLP t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road, f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK. m: +44 7770 465 077
Craig Setera