Why Switch to Eclipse Mobile Tools for Java?
Setera Craig
2008-10-28 11:01:44 UTC
I just posted a new blog entry listing lots of good reasons to make
the switch to MTJ from EclipseME. Please check out http://eclipseme.org/blog/2008/10/28/why-switch-to-eclipse-mobile-tools-for-java/
.

Thanks,
Craig

Russel Winder
2008-10-28 11:46:23 UTC
Craig,
Post by Setera Craig
I just posted a new blog entry listing lots of good reasons to make
the switch to MTJ from EclipseME. Please check out http://eclipseme.org/blog/2008/10/28/why-switch-to-eclipse-mobile-tools-for-java/
Personally I see no reason not to switch to MTJ, and indeed have done so
for myself and future training courses -- MTJ 0.9 is really EclipseME
1.9 so what reason is there not to change?

Well actually I can think of one: MTJ has the potential of being seen
as a Motorola project with all the consequences that a
single-manufacturer-driven FOSS project suffers. I know that there is
Nokia presence in the development team, also IBM, but it really looks
like a Motorola project with Sybase input. Can I propose that the MTJ
team actively seek out a bit more Nokia, SonyEricsson, Samsung, LG,
Blackberry, etc. representation amongst the central development team?
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder Partner

Concertant LLP t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road, f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK. m: +44 7770 465 077