Fisrt steps using EclipseME: the emulator closes automatically
Guadalupe Ortiz
2008-10-20 07:05:15 UTC
Hello,
I just installed EclipseME over an RSA (with eclipse 3.2), and the last Sun
Wireless Toolkit. Apparently there was no errors during the installation
(except that the EclipseME did not find the JDK since it was inside the RSA
installation folder, thus I pointed the direction to that folder). I just
followed the EclipseME instruction for configuration and to build "my first
Midlet". My problem is that when I run the Midlet the emulator appears and
immediately disappears (it closes) from the screen.
Can you give me any suggestions to mend this?
Thank-you very much in advance

Lupe
Setera Craig
2008-10-20 11:14:20 UTC
Lupe,

First, please consider switching to MTJ. (Everyone will get tired of
hearing this I fear <grin>)

You probably need to look in the console output to see why the
emulator shut down. If you can find the log entry, we might be able
to help you out.

Thanks,
Craig
Guadalupe Ortiz
2008-10-20 14:33:41 UTC
Dear Craig,
Of course I wll consider moving to MTJ (I did not know of its existence). I
guess that then I should uninstall EclipseMe and therefore my question
wouldnt make sense, but just in case let me show you the error I got in the
console:

Running with storage root C:\Documents and
Settings\LupitaSL\j2mewtk\2.5.2\appdb\QwertyDevice
Running with locale: Spanish_Spain.1252
Incorrect domain name, switching to 'unidentified_third_party'
*java.lang.SecurityException*: unidentified_third_party domain is not
configured
at com.sun.midp.security.Permissions.forDomain(+118)
at com.sun.midp.dev.DevMIDletSuiteImpl.create(+51)
at com.sun.midp.dev.DevMIDletSuiteImpl.create(+74)
at com.sun.midp.main.Main.runLocalClass(+20)
at com.sun.midp.main.Main.main(+80)
Execution completed.
88999 bytecodes executed
2 thread switches
1664 classes in the system (including system classes)
843 dynamic objects allocated (66788 bytes)
1 garbage collections (0 bytes collected)

Can you give me any suggestion about that?
Thanks a lot,
Lupe
Andreas Rossbacher
2008-10-20 14:49:54 UTC
Looks like your deleted your whole appdb subdir of the WTK. The security
levels are
defined there. You need to get the content of that directory back.
--
Andreas
Guadalupe Ortiz
2008-10-20 20:02:03 UTC
Dear Andreas,
What subdir may I have deleted? I just installed it and test it, I didnŽt
delete anything in between. Where can I find the content of that folder?
Thanks a lot,
Lupe
Andreas Rossbacher
2008-10-21 12:21:45 UTC
There are some files inside the appdb dir inside the WTK main dir.
Namely some files staring with "_"
some are text files some are .png. These files need to be in the appdb
dir used by the emulator. Make
sure they are there.
So: Look in the appdb folder inside your WTK installation and make sure
that the files you see there are
inside the appdb dir, which the emulator uses (you can see that by your
output), too. Normally the WTK
should copy these but it looks like it did not do so.
--
Andreas
Post by Guadalupe Ortiz
Dear Andreas,
What subdir may I have deleted? I just installed it and test it, I
didn´t delete anything in between. Where can I find the content of
that folder?
Thanks a lot,
Lupe
Craig Setera