eclipseme, antenna
tzur Sayag
2008-04-01 09:34:33 UTC
Hi Guys,

I'm ripping my hair out.
My goal, use Omry's preprocessor (or any other preprocessor) through ant via
eclipse (didn't try command line yet).
Setup: I have a "working setup" which has:
1) antenna 0.9.15 added to eclipse ant classpath
2) antenna 1.0.0 added to eclipse ant classpath
(in a minute why I need both)
3) the exported build files from eclipse
4) a new target called "preprocess" which invokes wtkpreprocess task
5) the antenna version I state in the eclipseme-build.properties files is
0.9.15
6) a task added "wtkpreprocess" in eclipse ant runtime dialog pointing to
antenna 1.0.0 library.
now this works fine, preprocess runs and works, then the build runs and
things are relatively ok.

surely I'm doing something wrong.
I would like to remove 0.9.15 but it will not work for me.

a few things I don't understand:
1) why do I need to add the wtkpreprocess task manually to the ant tasks in
eclipse where as other wtk tasks (wtkbuild for example) are
accessible without it.
2) why do i get errors when removing the 0.9.5 (I get an error related to
"getenv something not supported, use properties -D instead of: PATH
or something cryptic like that.

if anyone can shed some light, mucho appriciated.
bests,
--tzurs
Setera Craig
2008-04-03 11:04:49 UTC
Adding the wtkpreprocess support to the exported Ant file is something
I just never got to. It is certainly possible. You may want to write
up a feature request on Sourceforge so the idea doesn't get lost as we
work to transition to the MTJ project.

I'm not sure what is going on regarding the versions you mention. If
you could get the exact error to the list, it might help.

Craig
Post by tzur Sayag
[...]
just about anything Open Source.
Omry Yadan
2008-04-03 16:40:55 UTC
Tzur,

create a build file manually and use antenna from it.

I am not sure why you need to use an old Antenna, use the latest one for
the build.
tzur Sayag
2008-04-03 19:51:58 UTC
for some reason I'm now not able to use antenna 1.0.0 as my antenna for
eclipse or ant,
I've declred it in the
eclipseme-build.properties file as
path.antenna.jar=D\:\\Development\\antenna\\antenna-bin-0.9.15-beta.jar
when I run the build.xml as ant in the output I get:
blah
[wtkpreprocess]
[wtkpreprocess] * Antenna 0.9.15 initialized for project "TopCardDict"
*
[wtkpreprocess] * Using Sun Wireless Toolkit 2.5 (CLDC-1.1; MIDP-2.0)
*
[wtkpreprocess]

blah
[echo] Building source files...
[wtkbuild] **************************************************************
[wtkbuild] * Antenna 0.9.15 initialized for project "TopCardDict" *
[wtkbuild] * Using Sun Wireless Toolkit 2.5 (CLDC-1.1; MIDP-2.0) *
[wtkbuild] **************************************************************

blah

no matter what I do, I can't find any reference to antenna 0.9.15 in the ant
files,
the only thing I see is that the 0.9.15 jar itself is in my eclipse plugins
dir.
weird.

any thoughts?
what are the steps that needs to be done when I want to replace the 0.9.15
with the new antenna? did I miss something?

as for the wtkpreprocess task, I've added the request,
thanx!
--tzurs
Markus Sinner
2008-04-03 20:49:18 UTC
Did you choose "Export Antenna Buildfiles" or similar again when you
reconfigured eclipseME? The xml-files for ant aren't updated manually,
you have to create them every time you change settings or you have to
edit eclipseme-build.properties by hand.
tzur Sayag
2008-04-03 20:53:51 UTC
my post clearly said I edited the property file and changed the antenna to
the 1.0.0 version,
any other idea?
--tzurs
Post by tzur Sayag
[wtkbuild] * Using Sun Wireless Toolkit 2.5 (CLDC-1.1; MIDP-2.0)
*
Post by tzur Sayag
[wtkbuild]
Markus Sinner
2008-04-04 06:12:06 UTC
But that is NOT the point i mentioned.

The early 1.0 version of Antenna had a bug, that it said it is 0.9.15
but indeed was 1.0.0.
Post by tzur Sayag
[wtkbuild] * Using Sun Wireless Toolkit 2.5 (CLDC-1.1; MIDP-2.0)
*
Post by tzur Sayag
[wtkbuild]
Post by tzur Sayag
just about anything Open Source.

psitronic IT-Solutions
Markus Sinner
W-Rathenau-Str. 14 - 68642 Bürstadt
Tel.: (+49)6206 / 963513
Fax: (+49)6206 / 963514

just about anything Open Source.
tzur Sayag
2008-04-04 07:08:16 UTC
interesting, how is this related to exporting the files again and your prev
post?
thanx,
-t
Post by tzur Sayag
[wtkbuild] * Using Sun Wireless Toolkit 2.5 (CLDC-1.1; MIDP-2.0)
*
Post by tzur Sayag
[wtkbuild]
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
0.9.15 with the new antenna? did I miss something?
as for the wtkpreprocess task, I've added the request,
thanx!
--tzurs
Tzur,
create a build file manually and use antenna from it.
I am not sure why you need to use an old Antenna, use the
latest
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
one for
the build.
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
5) the antenna version I state in the
eclipseme-build.properties
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
files
Post by tzur Sayag
is 0.9.15
6) a task added "wtkpreprocess" in eclipse ant runtime
dialog
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
pointing
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
accessible without it.
2) why do i get errors when removing the 0.9.5 (I get an
error
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
related
Post by tzur Sayag
to "getenv something not supported, use properties -D
instead
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
of: PATH
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
Omry Yadan
2008-04-05 07:48:25 UTC
it's related because this may have confused you.

in any case - I suggest that you use antenna from a standalone ant file.

you can run it easily with eclipse ant support.
but indeed was 1.0.0. <http://1.0.0.>
Post by tzur Sayag
my post clearly said I edited the property file and changed the
antenna
Post by tzur Sayag
to the 1.0.0 version,
any other idea?
--tzurs
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Markus Sinner
Post by tzur Sayag
*
Post by tzur Sayag
[wtkbuild] * Using Sun Wireless Toolkit 2.5 (CLDC-1.1;
MIDP-2.0)
Post by tzur Sayag
*
Post by tzur Sayag
[wtkbuild]
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
0.9.15 with the new antenna? did I miss something?
as for the wtkpreprocess task, I've added the request,
thanx!
--tzurs
Tzur,
create a build file manually and use antenna from it.
I am not sure why you need to use an old Antenna, use
the latest
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
one for
the build.
Post by tzur Sayag
Hi Guys,
I'm ripping my hair out.
My goal, use Omry's preprocessor (or any other
preprocessor)
Post by tzur Sayag
through
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
5) the antenna version I state in the
eclipseme-build.properties
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
files
Post by tzur Sayag
is 0.9.15
6) a task added "wtkpreprocess" in eclipse ant
runtime dialog
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
pointing
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
1) why do I need to add the wtkpreprocess task
manually to
Post by tzur Sayag
the ant
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
accessible without it.
2) why do i get errors when removing the 0.9.5 (I
get an error
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
related
Post by tzur Sayag
to "getenv something not supported, use properties
-D instead
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
of: PATH
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
Markus Sinner
2008-04-06 14:19:44 UTC
Sorry, my last mail was written some seconds before going into vacation :-)

These two sentenses have nothing todo with each other.

I am not exactly sure if the problem I mentioned was solved.
Post by tzur Sayag
*
Post by tzur Sayag
[wtkbuild] * Using Sun Wireless Toolkit 2.5 (CLDC-1.1;
MIDP-2.0)
Post by tzur Sayag
*
Post by tzur Sayag
[wtkbuild]
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
0.9.15 with the new antenna? did I miss something?
as for the wtkpreprocess task, I've added the request,
thanx!
--tzurs
Tzur,
create a build file manually and use antenna from it.
I am not sure why you need to use an old Antenna, use
the latest
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
one for
the build.
Post by tzur Sayag
Hi Guys,
I'm ripping my hair out.
My goal, use Omry's preprocessor (or any other
preprocessor)
Post by tzur Sayag
through
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
5) the antenna version I state in the
eclipseme-build.properties
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
files
Post by tzur Sayag
is 0.9.15
6) a task added "wtkpreprocess" in eclipse ant
runtime dialog
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
pointing
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
1) why do I need to add the wtkpreprocess task
manually to
Post by tzur Sayag
the ant
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
accessible without it.
2) why do i get errors when removing the 0.9.5 (I
get an error
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
related
Post by tzur Sayag
to "getenv something not supported, use properties
-D instead
Post by tzur Sayag
Post by tzur Sayag
of: PATH