Device management corpution problem
Antti Ahola
2006-06-19 11:32:31 UTC
Device management on J2me's preference tab gives me following error message:

An error (gnu.xml.dom.ls.DomLSException: duplicate attribute (found
"version")) occurred reading the device registry.
Please consult the error log for more information.

I have tracked the problem to devices.xml file. All of it's attributes
gets doubled when eclipse saves it. This also affects the j2me library
on my project: "failed to get library information".

I can circumvent the problem by deleting the xml file and creating new
project but it is getting to my nerves.
Apparently(?) the trouble is in some xml parser library but I am quite
new to linux so I don't want to randomly mess up with packages,
libraries etc.
Could someone help me?

My system:
Eclipse 3.1.2
EclipseME 1.5.3
Suns's WTK 2.2
Java 1.4.2-02
OS: Linux, ubuntu 6.06
Craig Setera
2006-06-20 01:01:48 UTC
gnu.xml.dom.ls.DomLSException

implies that this is GNU classpath. As far as I know, nobody has been
able to use GNU classpath successfully. Sun's JDK is known to work.
Antti Ahola
2006-06-20 20:41:02 UTC
Thank you for tip, it took a few hours for me to understand and apply.
If anyone else encounters similiar problem read this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1065271&postcount=8

Alas something else got broken: when I try to make a new run
configuration for sun's wireless toolkit emulator I get a general error
message. Teminal prints:

Unhandled event loop exception
Reason:
org/eclipse/jdt/internal/debug/ui/launcher/AbstractJavaMainTab

I did reinstall java and eclipse thoroughly when fixing previous
problem. Java version is now 1.5.0_06-b05 which came with JDK 5.0
I also reinstalled wtk after eclipse and eclipseme (but before making
any run configurations) that shouldn't have any effect?
Craig Setera
2006-06-22 02:07:51 UTC
Please see
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1509851&group_id=86829&atid=581073
for the bug report and explanation of the error you are seeing with the
run dialog.